Topic: Interface tweak / Two-rows toolbar layout

The screens on which I use Siren are usually quite small (netbook size, 1024x600). On version 2.x I could rearrange the toolbars in a more compact layout to save space, but no longer in the 3.x tree, probably due to its cross-platform nature and the use of wxWidgets.

However, since the current toolbar layout leaves a lot of empty space in the first row, and the expressions are seldom very long*, I think it might be worthwhile moving the expression box in the first row on the right of the buttons.
Perhaps this could be decided by the user with a "Use compact toolbar layout" checkbox in the Display preferences (or maybe in General, since it would probably entail an application restart just like changing language).

*and in the remote case they are, one can always scroll horizontally in the expression box...

Re: Interface tweak / Two-rows toolbar layout

It seems to me that the "Display" menu is meant to manage the main window layout.
The interface will be rebuilt "on the fly".

This modification should be present in the next release.

Thanks

Another option that should be present in the next build will be to hide the status bar offering a bit more space if needed

Yes, the toolbar hiding could be useful.
Also, sorry that I forgot to mention that I usually don't show the category column toolbar and that's the reason why I have a lot of free space on the first row.

The modifications have been added to the last build (837) :
- Two/Three toolbars
- Show/Hide status bar