Topic: Problem with Siren 3.14 on Windows 7 64 bit and 3TB Seagate Barracuda

Hi:

I have installed Siren 3.14 on a Windows 7 Ultimate Edition PC.

I have 2 hard drives in the PC:
- C: drive with 1TB capacity
- F: drive with 3TB capacity (Seagate Barracuda)

Siren 3.14 seems to work perfectly fine for renaming files on the C: drive, but it fails to rename any file on the F: drive, even if it's a copy of a file that can be successfully renamed on the C: drive.

The C: drive was formatted using the Windows 7 setup program, but to be able to utilise the full capacity of the F: drive, I had to set it up using the Seagate DiscWizard utility as a GPT data-only disk. I *think* this may be the reason I'm having trouble with using Siren on the F: drive.

Does Siren 3.14 support GPT disks, and if not, are there any plans to do so in the future?

Many thanks,

Maarten

Re: Problem with Siren 3.14 on Windows 7 64 bit and 3TB Seagate Barracuda

Welcome to this forum Maarten,

As Siren uses high level functions to rename, copy etc. files I don't think this problem is linked to GPT.
My first ideas bring me to think to two possible root causes :
1) Maybe is it a privilege problem. Have you tried to execute Siren as Administrator ?
2) Maybe is it due to the fact that the partition you are working on is bigger than 2 TiB. I have never tested Siren in this configuration.

To investigate further can you tell us the operations you tried to achieve and the resulting error messages ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards

Remi