for each file,
Yes.. but maybe not for each file discrete but as, hmm, kind of an array?
Would not be as slow as each single file alone.
call an external program,
"give" him some specific info,
catch a returned string and finally rename the file with it ?
- Just i and my ideas :-( -
I meant this for guys and gals who are able to wrote an script with VB or C or AutoHotkey e.t.c. pp.
Perhaps we can extend the features of Siren with such kind of plugins?
For special purposes.
Which you don't want to include in the main app.
As addition or instead ... what about a new feature like this...
1. user select some files
2. user press new button "Edit in editor"
3. Siren export the file names to %tmp%\sirenXYZ123.txt
... and shows an "please wait" -dialog
4. Siren starts the editor the user sets in the options ...
... or the windows default... with %tmp%\sirenXYZ123.txt as parameter.
5. Siren waits ---- till the user is finished and had saved the modified %tmp%\sirenXYZ123.txt
6. either Siren detects that the %tmp%\sirenXYZ123.txt time stamp is altered ....
...or the user have to press an [OK]-button in the "wait" dialog
7. Siren re-reads the %tmp%\sirenXYZ123.txt and show this line per line as future names.
7b Siren deletes %tmp%\sirenXYZ123.txt
8. over to the user....